- Effective November 2, 2015 - Please see the new Pre-development Meeting Guidelines regarding scheduling a Pre-development meeting.
- The City of McKinney has been recognized by the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association for Planning Excellence! Staff presented this award to City Council at the October 6 Regular Meeting. View video. View agenda.
- The Comprehensive Plan update process has begun! For more information or to get involved with the Plan, please visit the project website at www.onemckinney2040.com.
- Letter from TxDOT pertaining to possible traffic noise impacts to new developments along the U.S 75 Corridor
- January 26, 2015 Modifications to Submittal/Revision Process Memo
- 2015 Changes to the Zoning Submittal and Review Processes
- Follow the Planning Department on Twitter
- Please tell us about what quality development means to you.
- Development Monthly Reports
- Brownfields Program
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department’s mission is to facilitate the creation of safe, balanced, efficient, visually appealing and economically sustainable developments within McKinney’s ultimate planning area by offering streamlined development processes that ensure timely and reasonable economic returns for members of the development community while simultaneously protecting the larger public interest, soliciting and incorporating the public’s feedback in land use and policy recommendations and working with elected and appointed officials to ensure that existing policies and regulations accurately reflect City Council’s goals and objectives for the community.
Planning Department Sections
- Development Review (Current) Planning Section - duties primarily include the processing of development applications
- Downtown Development Section - duties primarily include the facilitation of downtown (re)development projects and initiatives
- Comprehensive (Long-Range) Planning Section - duties primarily include the development of specific policy documents and special studies.