Apply for a Grant
Arts Commission Grants
2020-2021 Season Support Grants
- The 2020-2021 Season Support grant cycle begins in June 2020.
Pre-application Meeting - June 9, 11 a.m.
- This meeting and training session will be held via Zoom.
- Link for ZoomGrants.
Application open June 10 - July 3, 2020.
- Dates and times for Presentation: July 8, 3 - 8 p.m.
If your organization’s primary mission is arts-related and it has a 501(c)(3) designation, it may qualify for a grant. Eligible organizations do not have to be located in McKinney; however, all events / projects must be held in the City of McKinney.
All grant applications must be submitted online via ZoomGrants.
Steps of the 2020-2021 Season Support Grant Process
- Step 1: Attend the Pre-application Workshop (Optional)
- Step 2: Fill Out & Submit the Application
- Step 3: Present Project to the Arts Commission
- Step 4: Receive Award Notification Letter
- Step 5: Receive Grant Funds
In October 2020, 2020-2021 grantees will receive 70% of the grant award. Under no circumstances will a grant exceed 50% of total project expenses. The maximum grant amount will not exceed $20,000
- Step 6: Hold Event(s)
- Step 7: Submit Final Report
After the final report is submitted and approved, the organization will receive the remaining 30% of the grant award. The Final Report must be filled out and submitted online.
The Arts Commission welcomes a diverse range of proposals. Applications for Outreach Grants are available to organizations whose primary mission is arts-related or non-arts organizations with an arts-related project. Organizations are not required to be 501(c)(3), but other restrictions apply. The maximum grant amount is $3,000 and is payable on a reimbursable basis.
- For more information on applying for an Outreach Grant, contact us by email or phone at 972-547-7578.
2019-2020 Season Support Grant Awards
- Arts & Music Guild
- Friends of the Library
- Junior Players
- McKinney Community Band
- McKinney Community Concert Association
- McKinney Repertory Theatre
- McKinney Youth on Stage (MYO)
- Odysseus Chamber Orchestra
- Ollimpaxqui Ballet Company
- Ovation Academy
- Plano Symphony
- Young Actors Guild
Final Report - 2019-2020 Season Support Grant Award Recipients and Outreach Grant Recipients
A Final Report is required to be completed online within 30 days after your final event.