The Apex Centre is open for members only with restrictions as outlined in our Reopening Playbook.
Hours of Operation:
- Mon - Thur: 4:30 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Fri: 4:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sat: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sun: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
|Active Adult Area|
• Ages 60+
• Limit of 7 people
• Mon - Fri: Noon - 8 p.m.
• Sat: Noon - 7 p.m.
• Sun: Noon - 6 p.m.
• Limit of 2 people per hoop
• No games
• Every other piece closed to maintain proper distancing
• Limit of 9 people per class
|Pools: Indoor & Outdoor|
• We are monitoring government restrictions regarding pools and splash pads. We will take those measures, staffing and safety into consideration in determining a date to reopen.
|Showers & Family Changing Rooms|
• Limit of 20 people
|Water Fountains & Bottle Refilling Stations|
• Limit of 20 people
Texas State Government Requirements
- Restricted Occupancy: State guidelines require only 25% occupancy and social distancing of 6 feet between our patrons. This includes members of the same family abiding by the social distancing requirements.
- Disinfect Belongings: All personal belongings must be sanitized prior to entry.
- Showers are currently closed.
- See the Governor’s Recommended Health Protocols for Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (updated frequently).
New Safety Measures
- Protective Shields are positioned at the service desk.
- Touch-free check-in process through the protective shield. Members can scan their cards, and a staff member will assist with those that have their membership cards on their phones.
- Gloves and masks will be worn by all customer facing staff members.
- Member access only; guest privileges are suspended due to capacity restrictions.
- Water fountains are closed. We recommend all members bring a filled water bottle with them for their workout.
- Cashless transactions. Debit and Credit cards only.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The Apex Centre upholds the highest standards of cleaning and sanitizing. We are taking extra precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our members and our team.
- All sanitizing and disinfectant products are EPA-approved / registered
- Increased staffing levels to assist with higher frequency of cleaning of high touch points in the facility.
- All members are required to wipe down the equipment they use with a sanitation wipe provided by the Apex Centre. Cardio equipment will then be disinfected by an Apex team member with a 5-minute wait time before opening to the next user. The free weights and resistance machines will be disinfected every 30 minutes with a 5-minute wait time prior to use by members.
Social Distancing – Member responsibility
- Social distancing markers and notifications will be posted through the facility. Please practice staying 6 feet away from other facility members and employees.
- Cardio equipment will have every other piece closed to keep proper distancing during workouts.
- Family members must abide by the social distancing rule while at the Apex Centre.
- Weight room will have a limit of 20 people, the track will have a limit of 20 people, the basketball court will have a limit of two people per hoop (no games) and the group exercise studios will have a limit of 9 participants at one time. The senior area is limited to seven participants.
- If you have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the facility until you are symptom-free and fever-free for three days without the use of medication.
- If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the facility for 14 days or you have tested negative for COVID-19.
- The Apex Centre will temporarily discontinue towel service during this time.
- Only one person at the locker bank at a time, and social distancing requirements are requested.
- Showers are closed.
- Pools are closed.
- Playroom is closed.
- Basketball gym will operate restricted hours. See Quick-View for hours.
- Summer Camps are canceled
- Swim Lessons are canceled
- Members must reserve a spot for group exercise classes. Select classes are available via Zoom, registration is required. This can be done on the Spivi App or on our Group Exercise page.
Due to the occupancy limits and social distancing, we are asking members to keep their workouts in each area to one hour. Upon check in, please let the service desk know which area you will be using during your visit. The service team member will let you know if there is space available in this section prior to entry.
Active Adults Only Area (age 60 and up)
We have removed the lobby furniture and created a space for our seniors 60 years of age and older. Limit 7 people at one time in this area.
COVID-19 has placed a financial strain on many in our community. We discontinued billing and extended annual membership from the day we closed our doors. As we open our doors June 1, 2020, we will not resume billing until July 1, 2020. Your wellness is important to us, and we are excited to assist you as you return to your recreational activities with us.
At Home Options
We know some of you may not be ready to come back to the facility just yet. To help you stay on track with your fitness goals, we are offering at home fitness options for you. We offer pre-recorded workouts for you to enjoy your favorite instructors in the comfort and security of your own home. These services are included with your membership. Currently they are free to the community but will soon require your membership to access. We will not be charging additional for these services for our members.
Select Group Exercise classes are available via Zoom, registration is required. This can be done on the Spivi App or on our Group Exercise page.
Please visit www.McKinneyTexas.org/Playlist to see our library of workouts.
Action required for all members! Starting June 9, members 18 years or older are required to have an updated signed waiver on file. At this time waivers must be signed in person by the Apex Centre member or their legal guardian. Apex Centre team members will be available upon entry to assist you with signing your waiver. We ask for your patience as you might experience a wait.
An online waiver will be available starting on June 9. We will post the link at that time.
To communicate with our members during this time, we are looking to add texting to our messaging options. To receive texts with the most up to date information about COVID-19, hours of operation, and changes at the facility, please update your account online at www.McKinneyTexas.org/ApexMemberPortal with your cell number, carrier and opt-in to receive texts. You may opt-out at any time. If it is easier to provide the above data directly to us, please fill out this form.
Disclaimer: Information is reevaluated weekly. Please check back regularly for updates.