Face Mask Policy
In order to protect our community, all individuals (ages 10+) shall wear a mask covering their nose and mouth upon entering the building and shall continue to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while inside the building. Once a member who is exercising has scanned in, they may remove their mask upon reaching their workout area. Once completed with their workout the member must restore their mask to cover their nose and mouth while inside the building. If a member is in the building not exercising, the member's mask must remain in place. The purpose of the mask is to keep respiratory droplets from reaching others to aid with source control. The mask must have enough layering to achieve this goal. We desire to work with those that may not be able to wear a mask or who have a personal restriction/condition that does not allow a member to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for any amount of time. We are making a reasonable accommodation by allowing face shields to be worn. If a member cannot follow one of these options, we ask that those individuals refrain from entering the building. If service is needed, please call 972-547-2739, and a member of our Service Team can meet you outside the door. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
The Apex Centre is open for members only with restrictions as outlined in our Reopening Playbook.
|Active Adult Area|
• Ages 60+
• Limit of 7 people
• Courts are open during facility hours.
• Check in at the customer service desk if shooting hoops before 8 a.m.
• Limit of 3 people per hoop
• View pickup game hours
• Every other piece closed to maintain proper distancing
• Limit of 20 people per class
• Limit of 11 people per class
• Limit of 30 people per class
Participants must register through the Spivi App
• Room 1: Ages 3 – 9 years | Capacity: 20 (10 per area)
• Room 2: Ages 3 months – 2 years | Capacity: 20
• Entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis
• Only one parent or guardian is allowed to enter the playroom to check their child in and out
• Children are required to use hand sanitizer upon check-in and check-out
• Each child will have their temperature taken at check-in
• All toys and items will be cleaned and sanitized after each use
• Frequent touch points are cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes
|Indoor Competition Pool &|
• Open for lap swim, water walking and exercise
|Indoor Leisure Pool: Open Swim|
• Open swim is available in the indoor leisure pool on weekends only, registration required.
• Masks must be worn on the pool deck.
• Capacity is limited. Registration opens the Monday before the weekend begins. Register here
|Room Rentals||Now taking reservations. Visit our Rentals page for options.|
|Showers & Family Changing Rooms|
• Limit of 20 people
• Shallow Water Classes: Limit of 12 people
• Deep Water Classes: Weekdays: Limit of 20 people, Saturdays: Limit of 12 people
• Participants must register through the Spivi App
|Water Fountains & Bottle Refilling Stations|
• Limit of 30 people
Texas State Government Requirements
- Restricted Occupancy: State guidelines require only 50% occupancy and social distancing of 6 feet between our patrons. This includes members of the same family abiding by the social distancing requirements.
- Disinfect Belongings: All personal belongings must be sanitized prior to entry.
- See the Governor’s Recommended Health Protocols for Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (updated frequently).
New Safety Measures
- Protective Shields are positioned at the service desk.
- Touch-free check-in process through the protective shield. Members can scan their cards, and a staff member will assist with those that have their membership cards on their phones.
- Member access only; guest privileges are suspended due to capacity restrictions.
- Cashless transactions. Debit and Credit cards only.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The Apex Centre upholds the highest standards of cleaning and sanitizing. We are taking extra precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our members and our team.
- All sanitizing and disinfectant products are EPA-approved / registered
- Increased staffing levels to assist with higher frequency of cleaning of high touch points in the facility.
- All members are required to wipe down the equipment they use with a sanitation wipe provided by the Apex Centre. Cardio equipment, free weights and resistance machines will then be disinfected by an Apex team member with a 5-minute wait time before opening to the next user.
Social Distancing – Member responsibility
- Social distancing markers and notifications will be posted through the facility. Please practice staying 6 feet away from other facility members and employees.
- Cardio equipment will have every other piece closed to keep proper distancing during workouts.
- Family members must abide by the social distancing rule while at the Apex Centre.
- If you have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the facility until you are symptom-free and fever-free for three days without the use of medication.
- If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the facility for 14 days or you have tested negative for COVID-19.
- The Apex Centre will temporarily discontinue towel service during this time.
- Only one person at the locker bank at a time, and social distancing requirements are requested.
- In-person and virtual programs are now available. View classes and register today.
- Members must reserve a spot for group exercise classes. Select classes are available via Zoom, registration is required. This can be done on the Spivi App.
Due to the occupancy limits and social distancing, we are asking members to keep their workouts in each area to one hour. Upon check in, please let the service desk know which area you will be using during your visit. If capacity is reached in an area, you will be added to a wait list and a text message will be sent to you once there is space available.
Active Adults Only Area (age 60 and up)
We have removed the lobby furniture and created a space for our seniors 60 years of age and older.
COVID-19 has placed a financial strain on many in our community. We discontinued billing and extended annual membership from the day we closed our doors. Billing resumed July 1, 2020. Your wellness is important to us, and we are excited to assist you as you return to your recreational activities with us. View cancelation and membership policies here. For changes or inquiries regarding an existing account, contact Apexmem@mckinneytexas.org.
At Home Options
We know some of you may not be ready to come back to the facility just yet. To help you stay on track with your fitness goals, we are offering at home fitness options for you. We offer pre-recorded workouts for you to enjoy your favorite instructors in the comfort and security of your own home. These services are included with your membership. Currently they are free to the community but will soon require your membership to access. We will not be charging additional for these services for our members.
Select Group Exercise classes are available via Zoom, registration is required. This can be done on the Spivi App or on our Group Exercise page.
Please visit www.McKinneyTexas.org/Playlist to see our library of workouts.
To communicate with our members during this time, we are looking to add texting to our messaging options. To receive texts with the most up to date information about COVID-19, hours of operation, and changes at the facility, please update your account online at www.McKinneyTexas.org/ApexMemberPortal with your cell number, carrier and opt-in to receive texts. You may opt-out at any time. If it is easier to provide the above data directly to us, please fill out this form.
Disclaimer: Information is reevaluated weekly. Please check back regularly for updates.