- Currently on probation or indictment for any criminal offense
- Other convictions will be considered case by case
- Discharge from the military under less than honorable conditions including:
- Bad Conduct
- Other than honorable condition
- Any other characterization of service indicating bad character
- An incomplete or falsified application
- An incomplete or falsified application questionnaire
- The recreational use of marijuana or marijuana substitute within the past 12 months.
- Illegal drug use (except marijuana) of any kind in the past ten years.
- Any illegal use of PCP or LSD regardless of time.
- Misuse of prescription medications (including illegal steroids) on a case by case basis.
- Intentional misuse of product on a case by case basis, i.e. tetraflouroethane (propellant in compressed air).
- Sale or distribution of any drug illegally regardless of time.
- Extensive use of any illegal drug will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Factors considered are a number of times, length of usage and lifestyle improvements.
- The Fire Department reserves the right to disqualify an applicant for any drug use regardless of the specific disqualifiers listed herein.
- Your driver's license is currently under suspension or revocation.
- You are not able to obtain a valid Class B Texas Driver's License.
- As of date of entrance exam, you're driving record contains three or more moving violations or two at-fault vehicle accidents within the past two years.
- As of date of entrance exam, you've been convicted within the past three years of any of the following:
- DUI/DWI or other chemical substance-related driving
- Hit and Run
- Failure to stop and render aid at the scene of an accident
- Failure to disclose identification at the scene of an accident
- Negligent manslaughter involving a motor vehicle
- Excessive standard moving violations such as speeding, reckless driving, disregarding a traffic control signal, failure to signal, failure to keep right, following too close, etc.