Move Residential Service
Deposit, Fees, Changes and Same Day Service
Use this form to transfer your existing active City of McKinney account to a new McKinney address.
- Only an account holder can request to move service.
- $30 transfer fee
- $20 same-day service. Application must be submitted by 10 a.m.
- $75 high-risk deposit (if applicable)
Same Day Service
- To start service today, the completed application (including lease agreement, if applicable) must be submitted by 10 a.m.
- Selecting today's start date is not an option; select next available business day instead.
- Submit form then call 972-547-7550. Remain on the line to speak to an agent to pay required transfer fee and additional same-day fee. Have reference number ready.
What to Expect
- Confirmation and reference number email.
- E-bill enrollment: when a bill generates, the amount and due date are emailed. A paper statement is also mailed to accounts not enrolled in paperless billing.
- Water is turned on/off 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday on regular business days. Water for the former location can be turned off as early as 7 a.m. and turned on at the new location as late as 5 p.m. (9 p.m. for same-day requests). Please select your start date with this in mind to avoid change or same-day fees.
- A welcome email sent after the start date.
- Ensure that all faucets are closed. If a faucet is open, water will flow a few minutes before it is turned off. You will be notified of open lines and will need to reschedule the connection. The City of McKinney is not responsible for damages.
Changes and Fees
Any change must be emailed by 10 a.m. the business day before the original start / stop date. Include the address and reference number from your initial online confirmation email. Please do not resubmit a request as the original request may already be scheduled.
- No charge for the first change if received by the deadline stated above.
- $40 trip fee for changes received after the deadline.
- $30 service fee for any additional change.