Juried Art Show
Unique by Nature Juried Art Show Reception and Awards Presentation
’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Competition and Exhibition is hosted by the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) with help from Arts and Music Guild volunteers.
We created the Juried Art Show and Exhibition to build a public and permanent art collection for MPAC. Artists from all over the state of Texas submit work for cash prizes and the chance to have their pieces hung in our historic halls.
ONE large-scale work will be awarded a $6,000 Purchase Prize and will become part of MPAC's permanent and public art collection. The large-scale work must be 36" on any dimension (not including the frame). No 3D work will be considered for the Purchase Prize.
Based on received applications, 13 large-scale pieces will be selected for the show by 2022 judges, Karl Buchberg, retired Senior Curator, MoMA, and J. Patrick Cooney, J. Patrick Cooney Fine Arts.
Finalists' work will be judged by Lynn Rushton, Public Art Collection and Conservation Manager, Office of Arts and Culture, City of Dallas, Texas.
Any additional sales will be handled by MPAC with a 25% commission to MPAC. These funds will be used to purchase additional work and to fund future competitions.
Notifications of jury decisions will be emailed by Wednesday, March 23, and artwork must be delivered to MPAC by Wednesday, March 30.
2022 CALENDAR - Event Modifications
- Friday, March 18 - Online entry submission deadline at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23 - Notification of Finalists for Purchase Prize
- Wednesday, March 30 - Deadline to deliver work
- Saturday, April 2 - Announce Winner
- April 2 to April 23 - Work displayed
- Sunday, April 24 - Retrieve work
Juried Art Show Finalists
- Charice Cooper – “Dance”
- Jane Cornish Smith – Cooling of Temperature
- Francine Funke – Flower of Notre Dame
- Yuni Lee – Stronghold
- John Lightle – A Temple in the Wilderness
- Paulette Martsolf – Drowning in the Noise
- Jesus Moreno – The Cellist
- Anne Royer – Texas Blackland Prairie *Juried Art Show Winner*
- Caroline Ryan – Chapis and Yumi Resting
- Bradley Settles – That Time I Won the Kentucky Derby
- Rusty Tipton – Lake Buck
- Jim Wilson – Resurrection
Event Sponsored By
- McKinney Community Development Corporation
- McKinney Arts Commission
- Texas Commission on the Arts
Special Thanks To
- Don Day, DFA Limited