Juried Art Show
’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Show Reception and Awards Presentation - Event Modifications
’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Competition and Exhibition is hosted by McKinney Performing Arts Center (City of McKinney) with help from Arts and Music Guild volunteers.
The Juried Art Show and Exhibition was created to build a public and permanent art collection for MPAC. Artists from all over the state of Texas submit work for cash prizes and the chance to have their piece hung in our historic halls.
In response to public health emergency related to COVID-19, event organizers have made modifications to the ’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Competition and Exhibition. Online submissions deadline has been extended to Friday, March 27 at 7 p.m.
The cash prize component of the show will be rescheduled at a date to be determined.
Purchase Prize - $6,000
- One large-scale work will be awarded a $6,000 Purchase Prize and will become part of MPAC’s permanent and public art collection. Eligible pieces must be 36″ or more in one dimension (not including the frame).
- To be considered for the Purchase Prize, artists must submit an online application. There is a $28 application fee to submit three works. All fees will be applied to the prize pool for the rescheduled portion of the show.
- Please provide up to three JPGs of original work, a bio and contact information.
- Large work submission has been extended to Friday, March 27 at 7 p.m.
- Finalists will be notified by Wednesday, April 1.
- Work delivered to MPAC by Friday, April 10.
- Announce the winner on Saturday, April 18.
- Artwork will be displayed until Saturday, May 16,
- Based on received applications, 10 large-scale pieces will be selected for the 2020 show by judges Karl Buchberg, retired Senior Curator, Museum of Modern Art, New York; and J. Patrick Cooney, J. Patrick Cooney Fine Arts.
- One purchase prize winner will be selected.
- ‘Unique by Nature’ is open to professional and emerging artists who are legal residents of the United States and at some point have been residents of Texas.
- Entrants must be at least 17 years of age by May 2020.
- Any additional sales will be handled by MPAC with a 25% commission to MPAC. These funds will be used to purchase additional work and fund future competitions.
- Staff and volunteers will use care in handling the work; however, we are not responsible for losses or damages. Artists may consider insuring their work based on its value.
- MPAC will promote artists and work through social media platforms.
Event Sponsored By
- McKinney Community Development Corporation
- McKinney Arts Commission
- Texas Commission on the Arts
Special Thanks To
- Don Day, DFA Limited