Juried Art Show
Unique by Nature Juried Art Show Awards and Reception Exhibition
Saturday, April 6 | 6 to 8 p.m.
Ruschhaupt Hall - McKinney Performing Arts Center: 111 N. Tennessee St.
- Free and open to the public
- Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres
- Awards ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
Unique by Nature Juried Art Show
’Unique by Nature’ Juried Art Competition and Exhibition is hosted by the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) with help from Arts and Music Guild volunteers.
We created the Juried Art Show and Exhibition to build a public and permanent art collection for MPAC. Artists from all over the state of Texas submit work for cash prizes and the chance to have their pieces hung in our historic halls.
ONE large-scale work will be awarded a $6,000 Purchase Prize and will become part of MPAC's permanent and public art collection. The large-scale work must be 36" on any dimension (not including the frame). No 3D work will be considered for the Purchase Prize.
Based on received applications, 10 large-scale pieces will be selected for the show.
An additional $2,500 in prize money will be divided among five works of art chosen by the judge from among those submitted and juried into the Non-Purchase Prize category.
All two- and three-dimensional media are allowed. Works will be juried according to original and engaging artistic vision, effective use of media, and professionalism of presentation.
Daisha Board of Daisha Board Gallery, Dallas, Texas, will jury .JPG submissions, select finalists, and choose the Purchase Prize in person.
Please see the Unique By Nature Prospectus for additional information, including the opportunity to submit work to the Non-Purchase Prize Category, which is also juried and judged by Daisha Board.
Any additional sales will be handled by MPAC with a 25% commission to MPAC. These funds will be used to purchase additional work and to fund future competitions.
Category A: Large Works Purchase Prize Competition
- Deadlines for Category A: Large Works Purchase Prize Competition
- Friday, March 15 - Online entry submission deadline at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20 - Notification of Finalists for Purchase Prize
- Wednesday, March 27 - Deadline to deliver work
Category B: Non-Purchase Prize Competition and Juried Exhibition
- Deadline for Category B: Non-Purchase Prize Competition and Juried Exhibition
- Saturday, March 30- In-Person entry submission 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., MPAC Lower Gallery
Art Show and Exhibition
- Saturday, April 6 - Awards and Receptions Exhibition 6 - 8 p.m.
- April 6 to April 27 - Work displayed
- Sunday, April 28 - Retrieve work
Large-scale Purchase Prize Finalists
- Coming Soon
Event Sponsored By
- McKinney Community Development Corporation
- McKinney Arts Commission
- Texas Commission on the Arts