- Your Government
- Financial Services
- Bond Updates
2023 Bond Package
View information on the proposed 2023 bond package. A special election will be held on May 6, 2023.
Your Bond Dollars at Work
On May 15, 2019 City Council certified the final election results for the General Bond. Voters approved all five propositions for approximately $350 million in funding. Basic information related to each bond proposition and how the money is being spent is below.
Jump to Topic
Prop A: $75M for public safety facilities | $14.75M or 20% bond funds issued
|Funding improvements and expansion for McKinney’s Public Safety facilities. The funds will be used generally for the design and construction of facilities, the acquisition of land if required, as well as off-site improvements of Public Safety facilities. Additional facilities will fulfill the projected growth of both police and fire administration, as well as land acquisition for future fire stations and improvements to current fire stations.|
- Public Safety Facilities and Fire Station 11: Construction is mostly complete and facilities are in use
- New Fire Department Headquarters: Land acquired and design is in development
- Fire Station 8: Design team selected for reconstruction
Prop B: $50M for municipal complex | $50M or 100% of bond funds issued
|Funding the design and construction of a new McKinney Municipal Complex. The complex includes public and community spaces for City Council and citizens, as well as city departments including City Manager, City Secretary, Communications and Marketing, Development Services, Financial Services, Housing and Community Development, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Parks and Recreation Administration.|
- Design is complete and groundbreaking is anticipated fall / winter 2022 with estimated completion in 2024
View the latest information on the municipal complex
Prop C: $91M for parks and recreation facilities | $46M or 51% bond funds issued
|Funding the enhancement and expansion of the parks system. Improvements include the renovation or expansion of existing parks, sports fields and facilities, the construction of new parks and the acquisition of property for future parks development.|
- Al Ruschhaupt and Craig Ranch Soccer Complex: Renovations in process
- Erwin Park Expansion: Land acquired.
- Playground improvements & renovations in design and under construction at various parks
View all Parks Development Projects
Prop D: $34M for public works facilities | $16.75M or 49% bond funds issued
|Funding the design and construction of facilities for new Public Works facilities, land acquisitions and off-site improvements needed to accommodate the Public Works Department. The new complex will allow the department to meet the needs of the city’s rapidly growing population now and in the future.|
- Construction is mostly complete and facilities are in use
Prop E: $100M for street improvements and infrastructure | $37.86M or 38% bond funds issued
|Funding the construction or reconstruction of transportation projects that will improve mobility and safety along streets and roadways, reduce congestion and address aging infrastructure.|
- Street pavement reconstruction
- Roadway illumination
- New thoroughfares and expanded capacity
- Wayfinding, lighting and infrastructure studies
View the interactive CIP web map.