Research Center - Library
Available at the Library and Remotely
These resources are available at the library and remotely from home, office or mobile device. Call the library at 972-547-7323 for login information for remote access
Education / Training
- Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Training) - Video-based PC and Mac software training.
- Learning Express Library - Online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials.
- Pronunciator - 80 foreign language courses and 50 ESL courses
en Español | Citizenship Course | Mobile app
- Texas Driver’s License Practice Tests - Car, motorcycle and CDL practice tests, with online driver’s manuals | More Info
- TExES Test Preparation Manuals - Up to date TExES study materials endorsed by the Texas Education Agency
- Tuition Funding Sources - Scholarships, college and career information.
- Universal Class - More than 500 lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs). On first use, register with your library card number to create your personal logon credentials. More info
- Ancestry.com - Available only at McKinney Public Libraries. Resources for the family researcher, including U.S. Census, Social Security Death Index, and birth, marriage and death records
- McKinney Public Library online resources
- Beanstack - book recommendations and online reading logs for young readers
- Literature Resource Center - Information on authors and their works.
- NextReads - Receive emailed newsletters of new titles by subject and annotated by librarians.
- NoveList - Find books that match your reading style.
- Salem Press Online - Online versions of books in literature, history, science, and health
- AutoMate - Service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. AutoMate tutorial
(AutoMate replaces Auto Repair Reference Center, which will still be available through June 2018.)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Web based eBooks on a variety of subjects
- Health Reference Center - Full text of nursing and health journals.
- ReferenceUSA - Information on 49 million U.S. businesses and 155 million residences.
- TexShare (Library of Texas) - Magazine and newspaper articles, homework help, books and literature databases, health, business and genealogical information.