Research Center - Library
Available at the Library and Remotely
These resources are available at the library and remotely from home, office or mobile device. Call the library at 972-547-7323 for login information for remote access.
|Education / Training|
- LearningExpress Library - Online practice tests and interactive skill-building tutorials.
- Transparent Language Online - Learn to read, write and speak over 100 languages, at home or on the go. On first use, register with your library card number to create your personal logon credentials.
- Texas Driver’s License Practice Tests - Car, motorcycle and CDL practice tests, with online driver’s manuals
- TExES Test Preparation Manuals - Up to date TExES study materials endorsed by the Texas Education Agency
- Tuition Funding Sources - Scholarships, college and career information.
- Universal Class - More than 500 lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs). On first use, register with your library card number to create your personal logon credentials. More info
- Ancestry.com - Available only at McKinney Public Libraries. Resources for the family researcher, including U.S. Census, Social Security Death Index, and birth, marriage and death records
- HeritageQuest Online - Billions of census records, family histories, military and bank records, and access to Periodical Source Index Archive. Available through TexShare; call the library at 972-547-7323 for login access.
- Library Genealogy page
- Newspapers.com - World Collection - Search historical newspapers (1700s–2000s) from across the United States and beyond. Explore newspaper articles and clippings for help with genealogy, history and other research. Logon with your library card number.
- Beanstack - Book recommendations and online reading logs for young readers
- NextReads - Receive emailed newsletters of new titles by subject and annotated by librarians.
- NoveList - Find books that match your reading style.
- Salem Press Online - Online versions of books in literature, history, science and health
- Auto Repair Source - Service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Credo Reference - Reference resource in all subject areas, including encyclopedias, videos, photographs and maps
- Gale eBooks - Web-based eBooks on a variety of subjects
- Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine - Full text of nursing and health journals.
- ReferenceUSA - Information on 49 million U.S. businesses and 155 million residences.
- TexShare (Library of Texas) - Magazine and newspaper articles, homework help, books and literature databases, health, business and genealogical information. Call the library at 972-547-7323 for login access.