McKinney Development Portal
COVID-19 Operational Changes
In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the City of McKinney has adopted the following measures to protect our customers and employees.
All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting indoor facilities.
Development Services Building is Open to the Public.
Customers are encouraged to interact with us remotely.
- Public computers are unavailable until further notice.
- Access the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal by private computer or smart device.
- If you do not have online access, we will do our best to assist. Call 972-547-7400.
- No more than 10 people are allowed in a public use area at any one time.
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet away from other individuals and stay behind the blue lines.
- You will be asked to call, submit online or return at another time if the maximum occupancy is reached or if you exhibit symptoms of being physically ill.
Building Inspections - Effective April 2, City of McKinney Inspectors will not enter existing homes to conduct inspections.
- When we receive an inspection request for an existing home we will contact the homeowner and provide the option to defer inspection to a later date.
- If the homeowner elects to have an inspection the contractor is required to be on site and use Face Time to conduct the inspection while the Inspector remains outside.
- Questions? Contact our office at 972‐547‐7400.
- We will process all development submittals and inspection requests as usual.
- Permit or plan applicants can still access the Citizen Self-Service portal from a computer or smart device to create a new account, apply for permits, make payments online, request inspections, create new development cases and view real-time data. Find out more at McKinneyTexas.org/CSS.
Plan Review Processing Times may be delayed
- As we balance operations with health concerns, there may be some delays in processing times. We appreciate your patience and understanding in any temporary delays that you encounter.
Find the Resources You Need to Develop in the City of McKinney
Welcome to the City of McKinney’s Development Portal. Navigate to helpful information, submittal checklists, applications, fee schedules, ordinance and code references, and other information from each department in the Development Services Division that will help you through McKinney’s development process.
Learn More About Current Development Projects in McKinney
Are you interested in new projects that have been submitted to the Development Services Division such as a new residential subdivision or a new commercial construction project? We invite you to visit our Interactive Land Use Planning Map where you can retrieve information such as the project address, parcel ID and zoning. Then, you can use the address or parcel ID you collect to conduct detailed searches in CSS regarding open permits, plans and inspections at the location you specify.