Dispose of Unwanted Items in the City of McKinney
Automotive Fluid Disposal
Your automotive fluids: antifreeze, gasoline, diesel and motor oil may now be brought to the following locations for disposal.
|Custer Road Transfer Station|
(Entrance on Ridgeview Dr.)
9901 Custer Rd.
Plano, TX 75025
|Regional Disposal Facility (Landfill)|
Citizens Convenience Center
3820 Sam Rayburn Hwy. (North Hwy. 121)
Melissa, TX 75454
|El Dorado Motors|
2300 N. Central Expwy.
McKinney, TX 75070
|Please contact the facility before coming. Not all facilities accept all automotive fluids. Bring a McKinney water bill with you for identification purposes. Your driver's license must match your water bill.|
Order a bulky item collection online or call Waste Connections at 469-452-8000 before 5 p.m. the business day before your regular trash collection day. Waste Connections will collect bulky items on your regular trash collection day using a different truck.
Bulky items are defined as items that can be loaded by two people in less than 5 minutes, and will be picked up at each residence up to 12 times per year at no charge. Bulky items are any items that do not fit into your trash receptacle including extra trash bags or large bulky items.
Weekly Regular Yard Waste Collection
Bundled tree limbs and bagged grass / yard clippings do not count toward a resident’s 12 free bulky items pick up per year.
Regional Disposal Facility (RDF)(Landfill)
- 3820 Sam Rayburn Hwy. (North Hwy. 121)
Melissa, TX 75454
- Ph 469-626-4452
- Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Custer Road Transfer Station (CTS)
- 9901 S. Custer Rd., Plano, Texas 75025
(Entrance on Ridgview Drive)
- Ph 972-727-6341
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Parkway Transfer Station
- 4030 West Plano Pkwy., Plano, Texas 75093
Lookout Drive Transfer Station
- 1601 East Lookout Dr., Richardson, Texas 75082
121 Regional Disposal Facility (Landfill)
- 3820 Sam Rayburn Highway, Melissa, Texas 75454
Material Recovery Facility (MRF)
This facility is only for recyclable items.
- 2138 Country Lane, McKinney, Texas, 75069
- Ph 469-452-8000
- Hours of Operation Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
The following materials may be dropped off by McKinney residents to be recycled:
- White goods - e.g., air conditioners, refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines and dryers. Only the RDF accepts white goods.
- Used oil - maximum of five gallons per visit. Accepted at CTS and RDF.
- Used oil filters - Accepted at CTS only.
- Whole passenger vehicle tires. Maximum of four per visit. Accepted at CTS and RDF.
- Brush and untreated / unpainted wood. Accepted only at the Regional Composting Facility at CTS.
- Unacceptable items
Trucks or trailers that access roads leading to the landfill or transfer station must possess a tarp or cover to conceal the debris. The landfill or transfer station will not permit anyone to enter unless this requirement is met.
Yard clippings and limbs may be brought to the Custer Road Transfer Station for recycling.
A valid Texas driver’s license and the most current - within the last 30 to 45 days - City of McKinney water bill is required.
Note: The address on your driver's license must match the address on your water bill.
The first two visits per household per month are provided at no cost to the resident.
Fats, Oils & Grease
Fats, oils and grease (FOG) found in food ingredients such as meat, cooking oil, shortening, butter, margarine, baked goods, sauces and dairy products can cause the sewer lines in homes and streets to back up if it is not disposed of properly. Learn more