2019 Festival Guide
Arts in Bloom Festival 2019
- Friday, April 12, 5 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14, Noon to 5 p.m.
Where: Historic Downtown McKinney, 111 N. Tennessee St.
What: Produced and sponsored by McKinney Main Street, Arts In Bloom takes place in Historic Downtown McKinney and features one hundred and fifty juried artists set up on the tree-lined streets surrounding the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
A nationally recognized participant in the Main Street Program, downtown McKinney offers a unique and beautiful setting of restored, turn-of-the-century buildings that now feature cafes, offices, bars, boutiques, galleries and restaurants. During Arts In Bloom the streets of downtown McKinney come alive with fascinating sights and sounds as fine artists, dancers, performance artists, musicians, Texas wineries, and food vendors take part in the three-day celebration – it’s the perfect opportunity to experience the magic of McKinney's historic shopping district while also enjoying art, music, food and more!
- Visual Artists: 120 local, regional and nationally recognized artists, including painters, sculptors, jewelry makers, photographers and woodworkers will line the streets throughout the downtown area to showcase their talents. 2019 artist list coming soon!
- Wine tasting: Sample some of the state’s finest wines in our Park Place Texas Wine Garden! Enjoy a commemorative Arts In Bloom wine glass and 10 tastings for only $25. See a full list of 2019 participating wineries. (more to come).
- Stage entertainment: Live music is featured on our main stage, see the full 2019 entertainment schedule (more to come).
- Admission: Free and open to the public.
- Site Map:View the 2019 festival guide and site map.
- Food: Arts In Bloom features many of your festival food favorites as well as a wide assortment of craft beers. See the full list of 2019 participating food vendors.
- Craft Beer: Arts In Bloom features a wide assortment of craft beers, see full 2019 beer menu!
- Weather: Arts In Bloom is a rain or shine event, however, some activities may be postponed or canceled if threatening weather poses a danger to attendees, workers and property.
- Parking: Free parking can be found throughout Downtown McKinney.
- Festival Shuttle: Complimentary shuttle service is offered Friday and Saturday. Festival-goers can park off-site at First McKinney Baptist Church, 1615 W. Louisiana St., and enjoy round-trip transportation. Shuttles depart every 15 minutes. Service is offered Friday and Saturday only.
- Follow us: If you would like to follow Historic Downtown McKinney on social media, please click on the social media icons.
Do's and Don'ts
- In the interest of public safety, please help us out by not bringing coolers, food, drinks, contraband, weapons, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, laser pointers, aerial drones, or Frisbees.
- Unauthorized sales, solicitations, and distributions are prohibited.
- Persons entering the site may be subject to search for any prohibited items. Arts In Bloom reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person violating the facility, local, state or federal laws or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by festival management.
- Persons entering the Arts In Bloom site grant McKinney Main Street and the City of McKinney permission to use his or her name and likeness for any event-related publicity or advertising purposes.
- Found Children’s Area: The basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center serves as the Found Children/Lost Parents location.
- Lost and Found: The basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center serves as the festival’s Lost and Found location. Lost and Found items are kept there until the festival closes on Sunday night. After the festival ends, please call 972-547-2683 to inquire about lost and found items.
- ATM $$$: There are multiple ATM's on site. They are identified as "dollar signs" on the site map.
- Restrooms: There are several restroom locations within the festival grounds and in the basement of the McKinney Performing Arts Center. These locations are identified on the site map.
- Pets: Pets are allowed, however, they must be on a leash at all times. The City of McKinney requires pet owners to clean up after their pets – we greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- First Aid: City of McKinney EMTs are on duty on the festival grounds at all times. The First Aid Station location is in the basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center and is designated on the map.
- Volunteer: Arts In Bloom could not happen without our many wonderful volunteers! For more info on how to volunteer please visit our Volunteer Page.
- Parking - Limited ADA Parking is available near the festival grounds in any of the City of McKinney’s free parking lots and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Accessibility - The Festival grounds are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware that this is a large venue with great distances between stages and event areas. Accessible port-o-lets are available at the ends of each row of restrooms throughout the event venue. Accessible restrooms are located inside MPAC, 111 N. Tennessee Street, in the middle of the square.
- Service Animals - Persons with disabilities and their service animals that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at McKinney Oktoberfest, as are those training service animals. If you have a disability and require an accommodation at this kiosk, please alert the attendant. Requests will be addressed as reasonably and quickly as possible.
Arts In Bloom is an open admission event and free to attend, formal press credentials are not required for entry or access to any part of the festival. If you would like to arrange for access to event administrators, performing groups, artists, or other vendors operating at the event, please contact Communications.
Arts In Bloom
111 N. Tennessee St
Email Arts in Bloom