Coming July 1 - Discover the Power of Play and Adventure
For children and adults, play is a vital part of our mental well being, physical health and personal interactions. During Park and Recreation Month, the McKinney Parks and Recreation Departments wants to encourage residents to get your play on and explore the many parks, facilities and activities offered in McKinney.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Play
- Complete an activity on the Bingo board
- Get a stamp from a staff member at the Recreation Center you completed the activity at or show your selfie to a staff member at any Recreation Center.
- Create a BINGO by earning 5 stamps in a row; vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line.
- Take your BINGO to a recreation center and submit it to be entered to win a grand prize.
Bingo Special Events and Information
- Learn About Spiders - This is a special program put on by Texas Parks and Wildlife at the Senior Recreation Center. Learn more
- Play Geocache - Learn how to play
Geocaching is a treasure hunt-like game using GPS to help you find the treasure. Only two of the coordinates offered on the Geocache page are being used for Parks Bingo:
- Dogs Are Friends, But Not Their Poo!
- Just Keep Flowing
- Library in the Park - Attend the Library's Unique by nature Summer Reading Program event. Registration is not required for this event, and it will be located in the green space outside the Hall Memorial Library.
- Wilson Creek Hike and Bike Trail - The trail is 5.5 miles long, mostly through nature, and has several access points.
- The parking lot located at Al Ruschhaupt Soccer Complex Phase 1 parking lot, 1986 Park View Ave. and Phase 2 parking lot, 2701 Northbrook Dr.
- At Cockrill Middle School, 1351 Hardin Blvd., cross the Hardin Bridge to access the trail
- At McKinney Boyd High School (600 Lake Forest Dr.), go north on Lake Forest Dr., and the trail is on the east side of the street.
- To access the trail from Towne Lake Park. Start at the parking lot located on Park View Ave. and then go under U.S. 75.
- Free Space - You have choices!
Thank You to Our Donors
The Parks and Recreation Department would like to thank the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, Oak Hollow Golf Course, Kids Expressions, Apex Centre, Nothing Bundt Cakes McKinney, MetLife, Plum Creek Primitives, 540 Mercantile, The Book Gallery, The Canine Cookie Company, and Cindy Johnson for donating towards the prize packages.
By participating solely on my own initiative, risk and responsibility, I understand that I may be exposed to risks during the event. In consideration of the permissions extended to me to participate, I do hereby voluntarily release, waive and forever discharge the City of McKinney and its respective officers, agents and employees from any and all claims or cause of action, personal injury and/or property damage which could result from or arise out of my participation in the event.