Transit Services

Ride Services for Qualified Applicants


Jump to Topic

Program Details

Qualified applicants pay 15% of the cost of the ride for travel within Collin County. The remaining 85% is subsidized by Collin County Transit.

Participants will receive a reloadable debit card that can be used for taxi service to go anywhere within Collin County.

CCT_RateChange2020


Top

Qualifications

Applicants must be a resident of one of the following cities:

  • McKinney
  • Melissa
  • Lowry Crossing
  • Princeton
  • Celina
  • Prosper

And have at least one of the following:

  • Low-income (Annual Household Income at or below U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines.)
  • 65 years or older
  • Deaf or profound loss of hearing
  • Non-ambulatory without assistance or mechanical aid
  • 50% disability allowance VA recipient
  • Social Security Disability Income recipient
  • Intellectually disabled
  • Seizure disorder
  • Legally blind


Top

How to Apply

Fill out an application and provide proof of qualifications. Application may be completed through an online process or with a paper application. Both options are available in English and Spanish.


Forms Opens in new windowWebsite
CollinCountyTransit.net
EmailEmail
CollinCountyTransit@DCTA.net
mailDDTC
Attn: Collin County Transit
604 East Hickory
Denton, TX    76205
PhoneCall
940-243-0077
FaxFax
940-387-1461


Top

Service Hours


  • Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Saturday - 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.


Top

Low-income

  • You must be a resident of one of the participating cities. These include Celina, Lowry Crossing, McKinney, Melissa, Princeton or Prosper.
  • And have an annual household income (before taxes) that is at or below the income requirements listed above.
  • Proof of income can be tax forms, pay stubs, a letter from your employer or proof that you receive low-income public assistance, i.e. SNAP or WIC.


Household Income Requirements

Household NumberMonthly IncomeAnnual Income
1$1,595$19,140
2$2,155$25,860
3$2,715$32,580
4$3,275$39,300
5$3,835$46,020
6$4,395$52,740
7$4,955$59,460


Top

Collin County Transit Service Guidelines


Transit Services Title VI and ADA Programs


For information regarding ADA compliance, please visit the city's ADA Compliance webpage.


Requesting Reasonable Modifications

Read Requests for Reasonable Modification Policy. If you need to request reasonable modifications or accommodations, please contact the City of McKinney or Denton County Transportation Authority Customer Service at 940-243-0077 or email Collin County Transit


Transit Services Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Program


Top