The McKinney Fire Department requires the following operational permits. Complete the permit application for your operation and submit the completed application and required documentation to the Fire Marshal’s Office. Each permit application must be accompanied by a $100 permit fee, and once issued, the permit must be renewed annually. If your facility or business needs more than four permits, your maximum fee will still be $400.
- Amusement buildings PDF. Operation of a special amusement building.
- Carnivals and fairs PDF. Permit required for operation of a carnival or fair.
- Flammable combustible liquids at construction sites PDF. Temporary use and dispensing of diesel or gasoline at a construction site.
- Hazardous materials PDF. Store, transport on-site, dispense, use or handle hazardous materials
- HPM facilities PDF. Storage, handling or use of hazardous production materials.
- High-piled storage PDF. Use of a building or portion of a building as a high-piled storage area exceeding 500 square feet.
- LP-gas exchange PDF. Storage, use and handling of a consumer propane exchange operation.
- Motor fuel-dispensing facilities PDF. Operation of automotive, marine and fleet motor fuel-dispensing facilities.
- Open burning PDF. Kindling or maintaining an open fire or a fire on any public street, alley, road or other public or private ground. Instructions and stipulations of the permit must be followed. Open burning must be in accordance with the Open Burning Ordinance 2018-01-003.
- Places of assembly PDF. Operate a place of assembly, such as a church, restaurant or gymnasium. What is an assembly PDF?
- Pyrotechnic special effects material PDF. Use and handling of pyrotechnic special effects material.
- Repair garages PDF. Operation of a motor vehicle repair garage.
- Temporary membrane structures and tents PDF. Operate an air-supported temporary membrane structure, a temporary stage canopy or cumulative tent area in excess of 400 square feet.
- Carbon Dioxide Beverage Dispensing PDF.
- Spraying or Dipping Flammable Combustible Finishes PDF. Spraying or dipping operation using flammable or combustible liquids, or the application of combustible powder. Examples may include, paint spray booth, powder coating, painting operations, chemical dipping, spray on truck bed liners, or spray foam insulation.
- Dry Cleaning PDF. An operational permit is required to engage in the business of dry cleaning or to change to a more hazardous cleaning solvent used in existing dry cleaning equipment.
- Open Flames and Candles PDF. An operational permit is required to use open flames or candles in connection with assembly areas, dining areas of restaurants or drinking establishments.