Facebook & Instagram Policy
City of McKinney Facebook & Instagram Policy
The social media account pages operated by the City of McKinney are a place where we want to foster positive communication between the city and citizens. We are excited about sharing information about what we are doing within the department as well as what is happening around our great city. We are also excited to hear from the members of our community.
While the accounts are not be monitored 24/7, all comments are read on a regular basis and will remain posted if in keeping with the city’s user guidelines. Our user guidelines are as follows:
- Responses to comments shall be limited to providing factual information. Moderators shall not engage in arguing with any person who chooses to post on this page.
- New postings must be relevant, current and appropriate.
- Keep comments short and to the point.
- Do not include personally identifiable information within your comment. This would include but is not limited to addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers or other sensitive information.
- Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Responses must be civil. They must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language, and no references to the personality of other participants or individuals. Attacks on individual character will not be tolerated. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical / mental disability or sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Above all else, respect each other.
- Do not post anything containing sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Threats of violence will not be tolerated.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity is not allowed.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems is not permitted.
- Do not post content that violates proprietary information of any other party.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in the removal of the comment and the person being barred from accessing the department’s social networking sites.