Calendar and Programs
- Upcoming Special Event
- Library Program Guide
- Library Calendar
- Offer a Program
- Program / Event Information and Registration
Saturday, Oct. 7 | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Celebrate National Fire Prevention WeekEnjoy fun and educational activities with the McKinney Fire Department. Meet Sparky the Fire Dog, explore a fire truck or ambulance, and learn fire safety tips from your local firefighters.
Register for Fire Safety Day
From our littlest patrons to our most senior, the McKinney Public Library strives to offer something for everyone. You can find early childhood classes, Wi-Fi access, teen book lists, ESL classes, and more.
Offer a Program
We're Looking for Your Ideas and Experience
Would you like to present a free program at the McKinney Public Libraries? If so, please review the information below and fill out our easy online form. We will review your proposal and contact you if your program is of interest.
A big part of our service is offering programs for patrons of all ages that align with the library's mission. We develop programs we know the public likes and wants to attend, and we look ahead to the future to offer programs on new topics. If you have a program that fits that description, we will be delighted to receive your proposal.
Scheduling and Publicity
We schedule programs as much as nine months ahead. Please be aware of timing and submit your proposal within that window. Information about your program may appear on the city's website, in the library's blog or on social media.
- McKinney Public Library-related programs and City of McKinney departments receive first consideration in scheduling meeting rooms.
- McKinney Public Library meeting rooms are intended for activities like discussion groups, panels, lectures and meetings.
- Any noise or vibration associated with the event must be contained within the room. This specifically references dance, exercise or music programs.
- Solicitation or the exchange of money or goods are not allowed on Library premises.
- Children must be with an adult at all times.
- Nails, thumbtacks or other fasteners may not be used to attach anything to walls or furnishings. No posters or other items may be attached to the walls or furnishings in any way. Decorations may be used on tables only, and open flames or candles are not permitted.
- Use of tobacco products and consumption of alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- The McKinney Public Library buildings are public facilities and all programs are free to the public.
- Presentation of a program at the McKinney Public Library is not an endorsement of your group, its policies or activities by the McKinney Public Library System or the City of McKinney.