Face Mask Policy
In order to protect our community, all individuals (ages 10+) shall wear a mask covering their nose and mouth upon entering the building and shall continue to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while inside the building. Once a member who is exercising has scanned in, they may remove their mask upon reaching their workout area. Once completed with their workout the member must restore their mask to cover their nose and mouth while inside the building. If a member is in the building not exercising, the member's mask must remain in place. The purpose of the mask is to keep respiratory droplets from reaching others to aid with source control. The mask must have enough layering to achieve this goal. We desire to work with those that may not be able to wear a mask or who have a personal restriction/condition that does not allow a member to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for any amount of time. We are making a reasonable accommodation by allowing face shields to be worn. If a member cannot follow one of these options, we ask that those individuals refrain from entering the building. If service is needed, please call 972-547-2739, and a member of our Service Team can meet you outside the door. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
The Apex Centre is open for members only with restrictions as outlined in our Reopening Playbook. Non-members can register for programs 7 days before the class begins.
Water aerobics classes available: Members must reserve their spot for water aerobics classes. Class sizes are limited to 9 members per class.
- Class registration opens 48 hours prior to class start time on the Spivi App Class Scheduler.
- Preview the classes below or view the schedule in GoogleDocs
- Stay fit with your favorite instructors, check out the full workout playlist!
- Follow us on Facebook for updates.
- For information about other city facility closings, please visit McKinneyTexas.org/Closures
Apex Centre Water Aerobics Class Descriptions
- Cardio H2O: A low-impact high-intensity shallow water workout, designed to increase your heart rate and keep you moving. (All levels)
- Aqua Fit: A Shallow-water workout designed to build strength, tone muscles, and increase endurance. (All levels)
- Aqua Yoga: A gentle yoga class which is taught in approximately chest-deep water. This class utilizes the water, the pool wall, and pool noodles to provide feedback and support for a unique yoga practice. Both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners can gain from this modality that combines challenge and comfort. (All levels)
- Aqua Zumba®: blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance, for one pool party you shouldn’t miss! There is less impact on your joints during an Aqua Zumba® class so you can really let loose. Water creates natural resistance, which means every step is more challenging and helps tone your muscles.
- Boga: A water workout utilizing traditional yoga and Pilates moves along with some traditional workouts like burpees, pushups and sit-ups, but on a special BOGA Fitmat. Achieve a core-body workout by practicing controlled instability. Each participant is responsible for setting up their BOGA board before class. Please arrive early to set up your board. If you wear a swim suit, it is recommended that you also wear thigh length shorts. (All levels)
- Deep-Water Aerobics: A low-impact cardio conditioning workout. This class will help you improve muscle tone and balance, giving you a full body workout. Flotation devices are provided. (All levels). Classes are capped at 16 for 2 lanes and 24 for 3 lanes (see schedule for each capped class). Capped classes are first come first serve. Come early.
- River H20: A water workout using our current channel to build strength, core stability, and endurance. (All levels)