Online City Services, Closures and Changes
Bookmark this page for the latest information about City of McKinney closures, facilities updates and operational changes due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and follow us on social media.
Some city buildings are now open to the public including:
- City Hall lobby
- Police Department lobby
- McKinney Air Center lobby will allow access to:
- Pilots and Passengers of arriving or departing aircraft
- Customers who have a set appointment with airport staff
Please see Operational Changes to find out how to conduct business with the city during this time of transition.
|Online City Services|
Make Payments, Request Service and Submit Applications
In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the City of McKinney encourages its customers to use our online resources to continue to conduct business with the city.
- Alarm permit - Sign up or renew your alarm system.
- Ambulance bill - Pay your ambulance bill.
- Citizen Self Service - Submit permit applications and development plans, make payments, and view inspections.
- Municipal Court - Pay citations, court fees and fines.
- Water billing - Pay your water bill and service requests to stop or start service.
Some city business will now take place in person. Visit the departments listed below for more information on how to conduct business with the city.
Updated May 4
Fire Department - Fire Marshal’s Office
The Roy and Helen Hall Memorial Library is open to the public.
- Hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 - 5 p.m.
- Computer access, printing, faxing, browsing and checking out items will also resume.
- Staff will provide “assistance from a distance" to ensure staff and visitors remain safe.
- All programming will continue online until further notice.
- Check-out period extended to 3 weeks. This includes eContent from cloudLibrary and RBdigital.
The John and Judy Gay Library will remain closed until construction is complete.
- Library e-cards are now available.
- Book drop-off locations are open.
- Books will no longer be quarantined upon return.
- Curbside pick-up available.
The McKinney Municipal Court is postponing all dockets, hearings and trials until June 1. If you are scheduled for an appearance or trial before a judge or jury please contact the court for alternative options by email or call 972-547-7676. For more information and payment options visit the municipal court page.
- Virtual Court - If you need to see a Judge regarding your case before the court reopens, we now offer virtual court online. Virtual court allows defendants to dispose of cases via a video conference with the Judge through the use of ZOOM on either your computer or wireless device. For more information or to be scheduled for a virtual court appearance, please email us at email@example.com
McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC)
- Public restrooms are open and are accessible through the ground level doors on the east side of MPAC.
- Administration Office open by appointment.
- MPAC Ticket Office available online or by phone at 214-544-4630.
Parks and Recreation
McKinney Parks and Recreation centers are closed. All events are suspended and no reservations are being accepted for pavilions and campsites. Parks and trails remain open, but visitors must maintain the social distance standards.
Playgrounds now open: We encourage social distancing and the use of hand sanitizer when using this equipment. The city does not have the capacity to sanitize the equipment.
Effective Monday, June 1: The following Parks amenities will be open:
- Pavilions: Open on a first-come, first-serve basis. No reservations will be accepted.
- Campsites: Reservations accepted. Group size limited to 10 or less.
- Recreation Centers: Please note the Senior Recreation Center and Senior Pool will remain closed until facility updates are complete. We are working to serve our active adults at other locations.
Police - Records Requests
- City Council meetings will continue as scheduled
- City Council and all Boards & Commissions can meet in-person
- Boards & Commissions can meeting via teleconference in accordance with the provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act