A New Way of Doing Business
The Development Services Division is excited to bring you a new way of doing business with the launch of a new software system.
Login today to our customer-facing side of the system called Citizen Self Service (CSS) which will enable you to create a new account, submit, track and pay online.
Stay tuned for updates, tutorials, system maintenance notifications and resources on our CSS page.
- Update: Beginning May 1, 2018 the Planning Department will require Engineering Final Acceptance prior to receiving / taking in signed plats for filing
- An update to the Comprehensive Plan is underway! For more information or to get involved with the Plan, please visit the project website at www.onemckinney2040.com.
- Follow the Planning Department on Twitter for Planning and Zoning updates, along with new information about the Comprehensive Plan Update.
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department’s mission is to facilitate the creation of safe, balanced, efficient, visually appealing and economically sustainable developments within McKinney’s ultimate planning area by offering streamlined development processes that ensure timely and reasonable economic returns for members of the development community while simultaneously protecting the larger public interest, soliciting and incorporating the public’s feedback in land use and policy recommendations and working with elected and appointed officials to ensure that existing policies and regulations accurately reflect City Council’s goals and objectives for the community.
Planning Department Sections
- Development Review (Current) Planning Section - duties primarily include the processing of development applications
- Downtown Development Section - duties primarily include the facilitation of downtown (re)development projects and initiatives
- Comprehensive (Long-Range) Planning Section - duties primarily include the development of specific policy documents and special studies.