In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the City of McKinney has adopted the following measures to protect our customers and employees.
Updated May 29, 2020
Effective Monday, June 1: Resumption of normal schedule for all planning-related submittals, including plats.
- Mondays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays).
Development Services Building is Open to the Public.
Customers are encouraged to interact with us remotely.
- Public computers are unavailable until further notice.
- Access the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal by private computer or smart device.
- If you do not have online access, we will do our best to assist. Call 972-547-7400.
- No more than 10 people are allowed in a public use area at any one time.
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet away from other individuals and stay behind the blue lines.
- You will be asked to call, submit online or return at another time if the maximum occupancy is reached or if you exhibit symptoms of being physically ill.
Building Inspections - Effective April 2, City of McKinney Inspectors will not enter existing homes to conduct inspections.
- When we receive an inspection request for an existing home we will contact the homeowner and provide the option to defer inspection to a later date.
- If the homeowner elects to have an inspection the contractor is required to be on site and use Face Time to conduct the inspection while the Inspector remains outside.
- Questions? Contact our office at 972‐547‐7400.
- We will process all development submittals and inspection requests as usual.
- Permit or plan applicants can still access the Citizen Self-Service portal from a computer or smart device to create a new account, apply for permits, make payments online, request inspections, create new development cases and view real-time data. Find out more at McKinneyTexas.org/CSS.
Plan Review Processing Times may be delayed
- As we balance operations with health concerns, there may be some delays in processing times. We appreciate your patience and understanding in any temporary delays that you encounter.
- For the latest updates visit McKinneyTexas.org/COVID-19
- For information about facility closures please visit McKinneyTexas.org/Closures
Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS)
Citizen Self Service (CSS): create / access an account, submit permit requests, track your permit and pay.
- Amendments to the Municipal Code were adopted by McKinney’s City Council on November 6, 2019. Read about the Amendments.
- The 2018-2019 Impact Fee Update is underway. Visit the Impact Fee Update page for more information.
- Following the 86th State Legislature, the Planning Department has implemented changes to our submittal and review process to be in conformance with new state laws. Visit our Development Regulations page for more updates.
- The update to the Comprehensive Plan is complete. To view the new document, please visit the One McKinney 2040 Comprehensive Plan page.
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department’s mission is to facilitate the creation of safe, balanced, efficient, visually appealing and economically sustainable developments within McKinney’s ultimate planning area by offering streamlined development processes that ensure timely and reasonable economic returns for members of the development community while simultaneously protecting the larger public interest, soliciting and incorporating the public’s feedback in land use and policy recommendations and working with elected and appointed officials to ensure that existing policies and regulations accurately reflect City Council’s goals and objectives for the community.