Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS)
Citizen Self Service (CSS): create / access an account, submit permit requests, track your permit and pay.
- Amendments to the Municipal Code were adopted by McKinney’s City Council on November 6, 2019. Read about the Amendments.
- The 2018-2019 Impact Fee Update is underway. Visit the Impact Fee Update page for more information.
- Following the 86th State Legislature, the Planning Department has implemented changes to our submittal and review process to be in conformance with new state laws. Visit our Development Regulations page for more updates.
- The update to the Comprehensive Plan is complete. To view the new document, please visit the One McKinney 2040 Comprehensive Plan page.
- Board of Adjustment
- City Council
- Historic Preservation Advisory Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Planning Department Staff Organizational Chart
About the Planning Department
The Planning Department’s mission is to facilitate the creation of safe, balanced, efficient, visually appealing and economically sustainable developments within McKinney’s ultimate planning area by offering streamlined development processes that ensure timely and reasonable economic returns for members of the development community while simultaneously protecting the larger public interest, soliciting and incorporating the public’s feedback in land use and policy recommendations and working with elected and appointed officials to ensure that existing policies and regulations accurately reflect City Council’s goals and objectives for the community.