As part of the East McKinney Redevelopment and Preservation (EMRP) efforts, the city will operate numerous projects simultaneously over the next few years.
|General Project FAQs|
Studies & Related Projects
Green & Andrews
Project timeline: Expected to begin Spring 2022 and last 12 months.
Specific improvements by street
S. Murray Street
1. Will access to my property be impacted during construction?
We will make every effort to have as little impact on property access as possible during construction. When needed, we will place temporary all-weather surfaces to ensure access. Additionally, temporary detours around the construction zone may be necessary to perform work safely.
2. Why is the city proposing on-street parking along Andrews Street?
TUPPS Brewery is looking to develop the property west of Andrews Street and north of Green Street. On-street parking is proposed to support this economic development and minimize impediments to the flow of traffic.
Neighborhood Preservation Study
The study will focus on neighborhoods generally located south of U.S. Highway 380 (University Drive), west of Airport Drive, north of Elm Street, and east of State Highway 5 (McDonald Street).
To seek a defined strategy, tools and programs to address revitalization and displacement while engaging the community in creating the plan. We will:
- Put community voices at the center.
- Intervene early.
- Dedicate substantial levels of city funding and effort.
Neighborhoods included in this study are:
- March 2021 | Project scoping and request for qualifications in process
- Third Quarter 2021 (July-Sept) | Initiate study
Streets & Traffic Study
Goal: To identify various long-term roadway alignments and improvements in anticipation of redevelopment within the study area. We are interested in establishing roadway connections between S.H. 5 / McDonald St. and Airport Dr. while minimizing the impact on existing residential development. Once complete, this study will allow the city to prioritize roadway improvement projects.
- Jan 2021 | Study initiated
- May 6, 2021 | Public input meeting
- Jul - Aug 2021 | Finalize and adopt study