Monarch Quilt Show
Thank you for your interest in the Magic of Monarchs Quilt Show. Join us for inspiration and education. View nature inspired quilts and learn about living gently upon this earth.
The City of McKinney is committed to Monarch Conservation and looks forward to collaborating with quilters and the art community to bring cultural awareness and recognition to the plight of the monarch butterfly during the annual Arts in Bloom Festival.
Date: Saturday, April 10
Time: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Heard Craig Center for the Arts, 205 W Hunt St. (Corner of Hunt & Church St.)
Visitors and quilters are encouraged to use hashtag #MonarchQuiltShowMcKinney for social media posts related to show.
- 11:00 a.m. - Show opens, voting for People's Choice Award in both quilt categories starts
- 11:30 p.m. - Butterfly Gardening Talk by Patrick Dickinson from Rooted In
- 12:30 p.m. - Butterfly Conservation Talk on the lawn by Carol Clark from Monarch Watch
- 1:30 p.m. - Butterfly Gardening Talk by Patrick Dickinson from Rooted In
- 2:30 p.m. - Voting and raffle tickets sales stop
- 3:00 p.m. - People's Choice Awards and Quilt Raffle winners announced
- Snail Quilt titled "For observing nature, a snail's pace is best" donated by Stitched with Love.
Proceeds will go to Butterfly House at Heard Wildlife Sanctuary.
- $1 each or six tickets for $5.
- Tickets maybe purchased online.
Drawing will be held at 3 p.m. during show.
Quilt Competition Information
The theme for the quilt show is the Magic of Monarchs, quilts must be nature inspired and or butterfly, pollinator (bees, birds, moths) focused. Think about the monarch life cycle, migration, the beauty of monarchs and what monarchs need to survive (nectar plants and milkweed). As quilters and creative people, we understand the desire to express yourself, but please keep quilts nature inspired and free of profanity. The City of McKinney, Heard Craig Center for the Arts and Stitched with Love reserves the right to omit entries based on theme and appropriateness.
Quilts must be registered online and dropped off at Stitched with Love located at 500 N. Custer Rd, Unit 110 in McKinney before March 27. Please carefully read the Quilt Show Guidelines & Requirements before registering.
- Mini Quilt - measures less than 36x36 inches.*
- Large Quilt - measures more than 36x36 and less than 80x80.*
- Exhibition Quilt - for display purposes only.
*Only Mini & Large Quilts are eligible for People’s Choice Award.
- There will be a First Place and Honorable Mention award for each category.
- People's Choice Award - Every guest at the show will receive a ballot with participating quilts listed. Voting will end at 2 p.m., ballots will be tabulated and winners announced at 3 p.m.
First Place Winners: $100 Gift Card from Stitched with Love
Honorable Mention: $50 Gift Card from Stitched with Love
Want to volunteer?
Check back soon for a sign up link.