Court: Jury Service
If you received a postcard for jury service, you will find the status of your case on the McKinney Municipal Court Juror Portal.
Juror Check-in: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
Report to: McKinney Municipal Court Building, 130 S. Chestnut St.
Summons include any rescheduled Juror Candidates
|SMN0006428 - SMN0006527
Added Rescheduled #s - 6331, 6351, 6361, 6380, 6382, 6383, 6387, 6389, 6403, 6417
|SMN0006528 - SMN0006627
Added Rescheduled #s - 6377
I received a Jury Summons what do I do now?
Complete your eligibility information on the McKinney Municipal Court Juror Portal.
You will need to enter:
- The Summons ID # from your Summons postcard.
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
Action needed before the service date:
- Please review the Texas Uniform Jury Handbook
- Complete the prospective juror questionnaire through the Jury Portal
- Notify court staff if the health and safety of juror is in question
All jury service takes place in person.
Can't serve? Email [email protected] with your name, phone number, and reason you are unable to serve.
- Be a citizen of the United States and Texas
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of the city of McKinney
- Be able to read and write
- Be of sound mind
- I am not a resident of the city of McKinney, and not qualified to vote in the city elections under the constitution and laws of Texas.
- I am not able to read or write.
- I have been convicted of a felony or any misdemeanor theft, or I am under indictment or legal accusation for a felony or any misdemeanor theft.
- I have served as a juror for six days during the last three months in the county or for six days during the last six months in district court.
- This person is deceased.
If you are not qualified for jury service, please go to the McKinney Municipal Court Juror Portal to enter your information and reason for disqualification. You will not need to appear. You will not receive confirmation from Jury Services unless additional information is required.
- I am over 75 years of age.
- I have legal custody of a child younger than 12 years of age, and service would necessitate leaving that child without supervision, or I am the primary caretaker of a person who is unable to care for himself or herself.
- I am a student at a public secondary school, or I am enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher learning.
- I am chronically ill, infirm, immobilized, or have an impairment of sight or hearing that would make it difficult or impossible for me to serve.
- I have served on the municipal court jury during the last 12 months.
- I am an officer of the legislative branch of the government.
- I am a member of the United States military forces on active duty and deployed to a location away from the home station and outside of Collin County.
If you wish to claim an exemption, please go to the McKinney Municipal Court Juror Portal and enter your information and reason for disqualification. You will not need to appear. You will not receive confirmation from Jury Services unless additional information is required.