Welcome to the McKinney Senior Recreation Center (SRC)!
We are so grateful for your interest in volunteering at the SRC. We offer a large variety of programs and events, and we could not do it without your help. Did you know that 85% of our programs are volunteer-led? Our volunteers take pride in their efforts and have fun doing it! We believe there is a place for everyone at the SRC and we are so thankful that you want to be a part of the success by making a difference.
Complete the Volunteer Interest form and return it to the front desk at the SRC.
The SRC opened in 2002 and currently serves over 3,500 active members (as of 2023) and hosts a variety of programs including but not limited to: game groups, fitness rooms, indoor pool, preventative health clinics, creative arts, trips, special interest areas, group fitness, and a congregate meal program provided by Collin County Committee on Aging.
Volunteer Policies and Code of Conduct
All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation prior to beginning their service at the SRC.
- All volunteers must complete their volunteer duties to the best of their abilities. Volunteers are expected to represent the City of McKinney in a respectful and honorable manner. Activity group leaders ensure that all participants in their activity follow set guidelines and rules set by the activity group and the SRC.
- The building opens 15 minutes prior to opening for volunteers on their day(s) of service. Only active volunteers who are on the key list may get their keys and set up for their activity 15 minutes before activity is scheduled to begin.
- Volunteers must adhere to an appropriate dress code and wear their given name tag the entire time they are volunteering.
- Volunteers are expected to record their hours in the Volunteer Hours binder, located at the Volunteer Station at the front desk. Report your attendance numbers to the front desk following the activity.
- Special volunteer projects and events will be held throughout the year. Please let staff know if you are interested in volunteering for an upcoming event.
- Volunteers are expected to attend volunteer meetings throughout the year.
Game Group Leaders / Helpers
Help facilitate weekly activities and programs including setting up / cleaning up supplies, ensuring participants adhere to the rules and guidelines for the SRC and the activity, and serving as the point of contact for the activity group. This is a recurring weekly position.
Weekly Coffee Volunteer
Making coffee in the morning at the coffee station at scheduled times, putting out snacks for members when available, and keeping the coffee area clean and stocked. This is a recurring weekly position.
Intake and process new book and DVD donations, shelving and organizing books, and facilitating the annual book fair at the SRC. This is a recurring position. Attendance at quarterly meetings is required.
Assist with set-up / clean-up of event, help staff as needed during the event. Different special events are held monthly. This is not a recurring position.
Assist members on a first-come, first-served basis and teach them about different features they have on their phones, laptops, and other electronic devices. Answer questions they have about apps, email, and show customers how to navigate the internet. This is a recurring weekly position.
Grocery Store Bread Pick-Up
Pick up donations from designated grocery stores and drive them to the SRC. This is a recurring weekly position. Volunteers must provide their own transportation.
|M - Th
|8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.