ET Controller Registration
Why You Should Register Your ET Controller
If you are a McKinney resident whose irrigation system is equipped with a qualifying ET controller, you can register your controller with the City of McKinney and receive a watering day exemption from the city's current watering schedule.
For more information, please call 972-547-7360 or send an email.
This program is for residential and small commercial lots that utilize controllers on the approved list.
- You must have a City of McKinney water utility account in good standing for the property where installation of the qualifying item is to occur.
- A one-time nonrefundable registration fee of $25 is required for initial registration. You are responsible for re-registering the ET Controller, free of charge, prior to the anniversary date each year.
- The city-issued “ET Controller” yard sign must be displayed and visible from the street to acknowledge the watering day exemption. Restrictions pertaining to time-of-day, watering during rain or freeze, and broken/misdirected heads still apply. The ET controller yard sign is the property of the City of McKinney and can be removed for non-compliance.
- The City of McKinney reserves the right to inspect or audit the ET controller to ensure it is properly installed and maintained.
- The City of McKinney reserves the right to alter the details of this program at any time.
How to Participate
- Select, purchase and install the qualifying ET Controller, installed by State of Texas Licensed Irrigator.
- Complete the ET Controller Registration form and be sure to include your water account number. Processing of your completed application may take up to 16 weeks.
- Enclose the following information with your application:
- Copy of receipt or proof of purchase
- Registration form must contain the following information:
- Date of Installation
- ET Controller brand and model
- Proof of Installer and Installer License Number
- Proof of Weather Data Subscription (if applicable)
- A one-time non-refundable registration fee of $25 is required for the initial registration. Subsequent annual registrations are free of charge.
You can mail your application form to:
City of McKinney
Attention: ET Controller Registration
P.O. Box 517
McKinney, TX 75070
Or drop off in person at:
Water Utilities & Infrastructure Department
1550 S. College St.
McKinney, TX 75070