COVID-19 Operations Updates
All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting Parks and Recreational indoor facilities. Masks are optional while exercising or playing basketball and are not required for swimming. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
All Parks and Recreational amenities are open and providing limited services. Check the individual web pages for more information.
- Senior Recreation Center and Senior Pool are closed for construction.
General Operating Guidelines for Centers
To meet the guidelines currently in place by the executive order, we are operating at up to 50% of capacity. The following guidelines are in place for the safety of our guests and staff:
- All guests are required to wipe down the equipment they use with a sanitation wipe provided by the facility. Staff cleanings will also be performed after every use. All sanitization and disinfectant products are EPA-approved / registered. There will be a 5-minute wait time before opening to the next user. Additionally, staff deep cleanings will occur during sanitation shutdown hours.
- Guests are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others whenever possible. Fitness equipment will be spaced out in order to meet that requirement.
- All personal belongings, including equipment, mats, etc., must be sanitized prior to entry.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed off, but restrooms will be open and accessible.
- Masks will be worn by all customer facing staff. Gloves and masks will be worn by all cleaning staff members.
- Transactions will be cashless - debit and credit cards only.
- The free weights and resistance machines will be disinfected every 30 minutes with a 5-minute wait time before use by guests.
For more information, view the Governor’s Recommended Health Protocols for Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (updated frequently).
Learn More About the Recreation Centers
McKinney recreation centers bring our community together for social opportunities, fitness and fun. The McKinney Parks & Recreation Department maintains facilities and schedules special classes and events to promote a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle in McKinney.
McKinney has four recreation centers: Apex Centre at Gabe Nesbitt Park, Old Settler’s on the east side, and the McKinney Community Center just off 75 between Eldorado and Towne Lake and the Senior Recreation Center on College St. between Eldorado and Wilson Creek. The three centers offer a wealth of opportunities for residents and non-residents of all ages to enjoy learning and fitness activities.
The chart below shows the amenities offered at each McKinney recreation center. Please check each facility’s webpage to see if the amenity is currently available.
|Amenities||Community Center||Old Settler’s||Senior Rec. Center||Apex Centre|
|Multi-purpose room|| |
|Facility Rental|| || |
|Weight / fitness center|
|Locker room with shower|
|Swimming / Aquatic Center|
|Supervised Playroom|| |