Recreation Center at Towne Lake
COVID-19 Operations Updates
All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting Parks and Recreational indoor facilities. Masks are optional while exercising or playing basketball and are not required for swimming. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
Parks Facilities Face Mask Policy
In order to protect our community, all individuals (ages 10+) shall wear a mask covering their nose and mouth upon entering our buildings, and shall continue to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while inside the building. After a patron has checked in, they may remove their mask upon reaching their workout area. Once completed with their workout the patron must restore their mask to cover their nose and mouth while inside the building. If a patron is in the building not exercising, the patron's mask must remain in place. If a personal restriction / condition does not allow a patron to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for any amount of time, we ask that those individuals refrain from entering the building. If service is needed, please call 972-547-2690, and a member of our team can meet you outside the door.
The Recreation Center at Towne Lake, previously known as McKinney Community Center, is open with limited amenities as part of a phased reopening plan. Please review our General Operating Guidelines.
- Tae Kwon Do | Mon: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Disco Walking | Tue: 8:30 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
- Yoga | Tue: 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. Senior instructor. Open to public
- Juggling Club | Wed: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Jazzercise | Thu: 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Yoga | Fri: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Jazzercise | Sat: 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
*All classes / programs limited to 10 students
General Operating Guidelines for Centers
To meet the guidelines currently in place by the executive order, we are operating at up to 50% of capacity. The following guidelines are in place for the safety of our guests and staff:
- All guests are required to wipe down the equipment they use with a sanitation wipe provided by the facility. Staff cleanings will also be performed after every use. All sanitization and disinfectant products are EPA-approved / registered. There will be a 5-minute wait time before opening to the next user. Additionally, staff deep cleanings will occur during sanitation shutdown hours.
- Guests are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others whenever possible. Fitness equipment will be spaced out in order to meet that requirement.
- All personal belongings, including equipment, mats, etc., must be sanitized prior to entry.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed off, but restrooms will be open and accessible.
- Masks will be worn by all customer facing staff. Gloves and masks will be worn by all cleaning staff members.
- Transactions will be cashless - debit and credit cards only.
- The free weights and resistance machines will be disinfected every 30 minutes with a 5-minute wait time before use by guests.
For more information, view the Governor’s Recommended Health Protocols for Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (updated frequently).
Recreation Center at Towne Lake
The Recreation Center at Towne Lake previously known as McKinney Community Center is located just off 75 between Eldorado and Towne Lake. Our goal is to promote and provide diverse programs and services for individuals, families and groups in a recreational setting.
Offering Programs For