Old Settler's Recreation Center
Old Settler's Recreation Center will be closed from Aug. 3 - 7 due to ongoing renovations. Please call the Recreation Center at Towne Lake with any questions at 972-547-2690.
COVID-19 Operations Updates
All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting Parks and Recreational indoor facilities. Masks are optional while exercising or playing basketball and are not required for swimming. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
Parks Facilities Face Mask Policy
In order to protect our community, all individuals (ages 10+) shall wear a mask covering their nose and mouth upon entering our buildings, and shall continue to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while inside the building. After a patron has checked in, they may remove their mask upon reaching their workout area. Once completed with their workout the patron must restore their mask to cover their nose and mouth while inside the building. If a patron is in the building not exercising, the patron's mask must remain in place. If a personal restriction / condition does not allow a patron to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth for any amount of time, we ask that those individuals refrain from entering the building. If service is needed, please call 972-542-5014, and a member of our team can meet you outside the door.
Old Settler’s Recreation Center is open with limited amenities as part of a phased reopening plan. Please review our General Operating Guidelines.
Hours of Operation
Mon - Sat: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wood Carving | Fri: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Hosted by Senior Recreation Center.
- Yoga | Mon, Wed: 12 - 1 p.m.
- Cycle | Tue, Thu: 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
*All classes limited to 10 students
|North Side Gym|
• Limit of 12 people
• Limit of 2 people per basketball hoop - no games
• Limit of 10 people
|South Side Gym|
• Under construction
|South Side Fitness Center|
• Under construction
|South Side Multi-Purpose Room|
• Under construction
General Operating Guidelines for Centers
To meet the guidelines currently in place by the executive order, we are operating at up to 50% of capacity. The following guidelines are in place for the safety of our guests and staff:
- All guests are required to wipe down the equipment they use with a sanitation wipe provided by the facility. Staff cleanings will also be performed after every use. All sanitization and disinfectant products are EPA-approved / registered. There will be a 5-minute wait time before opening to the next user. Additionally, staff deep cleanings will occur during sanitation shutdown hours.
- Guests are to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from others whenever possible. Fitness equipment will be spaced out in order to meet that requirement.
- All personal belongings, including equipment, mats, etc., must be sanitized prior to entry.
- Locker rooms and showers will be closed off, but restrooms will be open and accessible.
- Masks will be worn by all customer facing staff. Gloves and masks will be worn by all cleaning staff members.
- Transactions will be cashless - debit and credit cards only.
- The free weights and resistance machines will be disinfected every 30 minutes with a 5-minute wait time before use by guests.
For more information, view the Governor’s Recommended Health Protocols for Gym / Exercise Facility Patrons (updated frequently).
Old Settler’s is currently undergoing a renovation. The southern half of the facility is being renovated and is expected to be complete November 2020. This portion of the project will involve converting the outdoor basketball pavilion into a new interior space.
The facility will remain open during this work, although programming, fitness options and special event activities will be adjusted due to space limitations.
OSRC is located near Downtown McKinney and serves a variety of neighborhood interests. Guests are welcome to participate in leisure sports and wellness activities. Indoor rental space is available for parties and meetings.
The weight room is currently closed due to renovations.