Venue Policies - MPAC
What You Need to Know to Rent a Room at MPAC
- Client agrees to contain all load-in, decorating, event and load-out time to the contracted reservation time. This includes décor or entertainment and any outside rental deliveries unless prior arrangements have been made with MPAC event staff.
- Any candle must be contained in a class or metal container. The use of an open flame is strictly prohibited.
- Loose flower petals are strictly prohibited. Silk flower petals are acceptable.
- Sparklers, confetti and glitter are strictly prohibited inside and outside McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- Damages to the building caused by the client, its sub-contractors, patrons, attendees, visiting company or any other person not connected with MPAC will be the responsibility of the client.
- For weddings, rehearsal time and space is not guaranteed and is subject to availability. The space can be reserved two weeks ahead, based on availability.
- MPAC is not responsible for any property other than its own.
- Floor plans for parties and receptions must be finalized a minimum of five days before the event, but preferably 7 days.
- All forms of entertainment must conform to local ordinances and must be approved in advance by MPAC event staff.
- A function may not in any way interfere with any other event elsewhere in MPAC. Guests and attendees must remain in the spaces reserved for their events.
- MPAC reserves the right to limit the volume of any amplified sound within the facility.
- All persons involved with the setup of an event, such as caterers, florists, photographers or rental companies should notify MPAC event staff of dates and times of delivery and pickup (where applicable). All deliveries are required to check in at the MPAC administrative office.
- A client wishing to leave materials on MPAC property after the contract expires must obtain approval from MPAC staff. Storage, if permitted, will be at the client’s risk.
*more specific venue policy information will be included on client's proposal and contract
- Deposit Payment: Within two weeks of booking, a $500 first payment for rentals over $500 or the rental payment in full for bookings under $500 is due. Any booking made within 30 days of the event requires the rental to be paid in full.
- A 13% service fee will be assessed on the total room rental charges for setup/teardown, cleaning, and janitorial consumables.
- $250 refundable (if conditions in proposal/contract are met) damage/overage fee is due 10 business days prior to event.
- Final Room Payment: The remaining balance of the rental fee is due no later than 10 business days before the contracted event.
- All payments can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), company check, money order, personal check or cash. Mailed payments can be sent to:
- McKinney Performing Arts Center
111 N Tennessee Street
McKinney, TX 75069
- Personal checks are accepted up to 2 weeks prior to the event. Any returned or cancelled check will incur an additional $35 fee.
- Any nonprofit rental must be paid by company check or credit card.
- McKinney Performing Arts Center
- Cancellations within more than six months of the reserved date will incur no penalty.
- Cancellations within three to six months will incur a 25% penalty
- Cancellations within one to three months will incur a 50% penalty
- Cancellations received within one month will forfeit all deposits.
Due to client’s extenuating circumstances, and based on facility availability, the event can be rescheduled within the same fiscal year.