All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting indoor facilities.
How to conduct business with Police Records:
We accept requests or forms in person. Forms may also be submitted through one of the following channels:
|Send an email:|
|Send a fax:|
|Write to us:|
2200 Taylor Burk Dr.
McKinney, TX 75071
|Use one of the online forms:|
- Accident Reports - $6
- Certified Accident Reports - $8
- There is normally not a charge for a public copy of a report
- Open records request charges vary based on the nature of the request
- We accept cash, check or credit / debit card payments
Open Records Requests:
You may submit an open records request via email, mail, fax, in person or on our website. Open Records Request
To get an accident report, please do the following:
- Complete the Crash Report Request Form
- Provide a copy of your photo ID
- For attorneys, insurance companies or other representatives, please provide a letter of authorization or a letter of representation for your client / insured.
- Turn in the above paperwork in person at the McKinney Police Department, or mail the information to 2200 Taylor-Burk Dr., McKinney, TX 75071 along with payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
If you are not an authorized person to receive the accident report, you will be provided with a redacted copy.
- To obtain a background check, please complete the Background Check Form.
- Include a copy of your photo ID