January 12, 2019
Collin College Conference Center
2400 Community Ave.
McKinney, TX 75070
Learn the Challenges and Rewards of Gardening in North Texas
Newcomer's Guide to Gardening
Saturday, January 12, 2019
Are you a Texas transplant, new to gardening or want to learn how to be a successful gardener? The Newcomers Guide to Gardening in North Texas event was designed with you in mind.
Mark your calendars and make plans to attend the Newcomer’s Guide to Gardening in North Texas event in McKinney.
Through a variety of short lectures, local experts will share their horticultural expertise, research-based information and hands-on experience about the challenges and rewards of gardening in North Texas.
Lecture topics include: Why Earth-Kind is Important, North Texas Soils, Butterfly Gardening, How to Water Wisely, Vegetable Gardening and the Top 100 Plants for North Texas. Participants are invited to attend all the lectures or just stay for one.
- Dr. Greg Church, Texas A&M AgriLife County Extension Agent for Horticulture in Collin County
- Patrick Dickinson, Horticulturist and Program Coordinator at Texas A&M AgriLife Water University
- Daniel Cunningham, Horticulturist at Texas A&M AgriLife Water University
- Nancy Payne,
- Bryan Moore, Collin County Master Gardener and Compost Operations Supervisor at Texas Pure Products
- Gail Donaldson, Horticulturist and Water Conservation Manager at the City of Allen
- The event is offered in cooperation with the following cities and organizations.