February 16, 2020
McKinney Performing Arts Center
111 N. Tennessee St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Black History Month Panel Discussion: Where Do We Go from Here?
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Join us for this thought-provoking panel discussion of the book Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The panel kicks off a community-wide reading initiative.
Share in this experience as small groups read, reflect and respond to one another.
Our guest panelists:
1. Charles S. Wattley - Senior Pastor, THE MARK
2. Rev. Larry Jagours - Stewart Chapel CME Church
3. June Perdue Jenkins - President, Collin County NAACP
4. Rev. Dr. Clay Brantley - Presbyterian Pastor and Director at Retreat House Spirituality Center
5. Jason Hernandez - Soros Justice Fellow
6. MacKenzie Jenkins - Creator, Justice She Wrote
7. Sarah Miller - 11th Grade Student
The panelists and content of the program have been coordinated by a community organization called Flourish. The library has purchased 100 copies of Where Do We Go from Here: Chaos or Community? to give away, 30 of which the panelists will give away themselves. The other 70 will be given away first-come-first-serve on the day of the event, with instructions to pass the books along once people have finished reading it.
It is NOT necessary to read the book before the event, since the purpose of the event is to provide context and encouragement for people to read it. Flourish is planning to host a follow-up event in 2021 after the community has been exposed to the books distributed at the event.
For more information, contact Beth Bentley at 214-498-3540 or the McKinney Public Library at 972-547-7323.