John & Judy Gay Library Meeting Room, Sunday afternoons, 2-3:30 p.m.
A monthly forum for writers and people interested in writing to discuss issues of interest, offer mutual support, and exchange ideas and marketing tips. Independent authors, published authors, people thinking of becoming writers, anyone connected with writing and editing, and the general public are all welcome. Please register at the below links to give us an idea of how many people to expect. The group may wish to change or add to these suggested topics:
- Examples of marketing, author fairs, etc.
- Series versus standalone novels
- Current state of the publishing industry
- Websites, blogs
- Networking, writer's groups
- Agents and traditional publishers
- Editing, proofing methods
- Making your own EPUB’s and other formats
- Book covers
- Reviews, interviews
Contact: Michael D. Smith, 972-547-7321