To celebrate Family History Month, the McKinney Public Library will be joining the Genealogy Center of the Waco-McLennan County Library in its 17th Annual Genealogy Lock-In. This is a statewide initiative to provide educational and research opportunities for family historians.
Friday, Oct. 19; 9:45 a.m.-9 p.m.
- 10:00 - 10:50 am – Don’t Forget the Ladies: A Genealogist’s Guide to Women and the Law
- 11:00 - 11:50 am – Discovering Your Ancestors Land Holdings in the Texas GLO
- Noon - 1:30 pm – Genealogy Basics: Getting Started on Your Family Tree
- 1:40 - 2:40 pm – Organizing and Preserving Photograph Collections
- 2:50 - 3:50 pm – Locating Ancestors on the Dawes Roll · 4:00 - 5:15 pm – Using Autosomal DNA Testing to Solve Genealogy Brick Walls
- 6:15 - 7:15 pm – Breaking Brick Walls by Finding Living Cousins
- 7:25 - 8:30 pm – Census Sense: Clues & Conundrums for Intermediate Researchers
Members of the North Collin County Genealogical Society will be present to assist with research.
This is a FREE program open to all. You do not have to attend every webinar, just the ones that interest you.
For information on other participating libraries, please go to https://bit.ly/2QlNbiY
For more information, contact Susan Kusterbeck at
email@example.com or 972-547-7343