Is my property designated or contributing?

The city maintains the McKinney Historic Resource Inventory Survey that lists locally designated and contributing historic properties. A property does not have to be in a district to be considered a historic property; however, the property will not benefit from the overlay protection. You can check whether a property is "H" Overlay District residential area or commercial area by accessing the Historic District Map Online or by contacting the City Historic Preservation Office at 972-547-2000.

Show All Answers

1. Does every change to my property require a Certificate of Appropriateness?
2. Is my property designated or contributing?
3. What does it mean to be designated or contributing?
4. May I paint my house any color I want?
5. May I install a fence on my historic property?
6. Can I install solar panels on my historic home?
7. Do I need permission to perform ordinary maintenance to my house or building?
8. Where can I receive help designing an addition for my house?
9. Is there a requirement that I must restore my property located within the Historic District?
10. How do I research the history of my property?
11. Can the city help me purchase a historic property?
12. How do I submit photos if the CSS Portal won't let me upload them?
13. Who can I call to ask questions about the Historic District, the Certificate of Appropriateness, or what work I can do to my home in the Historic District?