How do I get "Children At Play" signs installed on my street?
The Texas Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD) states playground signs, instead of "Children At Play" signs, may be used to give motorists advance warning of a designated children’s playground located adjacent to the roadway. The city installs playground signage for neighborhood parks, city parks or a park next to an elementary school.

Children are present on every residential street in McKinney. Installing "Children At Play" signs at places where children would be playing would require installation of such signs on most residential streets in McKinney. Overexposure of any sign to a driver makes signs ineffective. For this reason, TMUTCD states signage shall only be installed at designated playground areas.

Show All Answers

1. What can I do if there is a speeding problem in my neighborhood?
2. Can lowering the speed limit solve a speeding problem?
3. What is the 85th percentile speed?
4. How do I get a streetlight installed on my street?
5. How do I get "Children At Play" signs installed on my street?
6. Why do some of the school zones have flashers?
7. When are the school zones operational?
8. How can we get a school crossing guard?
9. What do the Walk / Don't Walk signals mean?
10. How can we get stop signs installed along our street?
11. How do we get a multi-way stop?
12. How can we get a traffic signal installed?
13. How are design engineers and Materials Testing firms selected for city projects?
14. How are general contractors selected for city projects?