You may have a toilet leak If you:
- Jiggle the handle to stop toilet from running
- Hear toilet hiss or refill on its own
To detect silent, less noticeable toilet leaks:
- Place a leak indicator tablet or colored liquid in toilet tank (do not flush).
- After several minutes, if any color appears in the bowl you have a leak.
- Place an empty container under the faucet (do not turn it on).
- After 30 minutes, if water is in container you have a leak.
Hot Water Tank
- Check the following areas for moisture or drips:
- Top of tank
- Pressure relief valve
- Drain valve
- Discharge pipe
- Automatic pool fillers may run non-stop due to a leak or excessive evaporation.
Pipes located in the walls, slab or underground
- Often difficult to identify and may require a professional plumber